Trusted analysis for executive decisions
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent research and consulting services related to the US housing industry.
John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better analysis on the housing market. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis.
Our clients engage with us in two primary ways:
- Research – An ongoing, retainer-based relationship, in which we provide clients with our published research, client services, and exclusive events
- Consulting – A specific contracted engagement to help clients with a housing-related strategic decision
Our experienced team of analysts and consultants helps our clients identify the best risk-adjusted investment opportunities. We are known for our:
- Client focus. Our clients have personal access to our team of market and industry experts. We also connect clients to opportunities for new business. We seek to continually innovate and improve our practices to make our clients’ lives easier.
- Speed. We focus exclusively on housing and strive to have the most current data at our fingertips. We are diligent, regularly out in the field, and tapped into industry leaders—all of which results in great research and advice.
- Proprietary tools. We have created many tools to provide unique and timely insight. They include a monthly survey of builder executives, several indices and forecasts, a database of the best community and home designs in the country, and a demand model by price range and household composition.
- Data quality. We create, collect, and buy the best industry data available, enabling our analysts to evaluate market conditions so they can help our clients apply that insight to their business decisions.
- Local knowledge. Our executives live in many of the major housing markets across the country, and travel regularly to others.
- Management expertise. Our team leaders have learned from multiple housing cycles.
- Trusted integrity. We do not recommend stock investments or take contingency fees. We make money by being as accurate and honest as possible, with no conflicting agendas.