We're an independent research provider and consulting firm focused on the housing industry. We compile and analyze an unprecedented volume of information to keep our clients informed. Utilizing our trusted analysis, our clients can:
- Make more money
- Identify risks and avoid pitfalls
- Be both knowledgeable and efficient with their time
by David Kalosis
Nocatee is a case study of going against conventional wisdom during a downturn—and reaping big rewards afterward. The master-planned community was the fifth best-selling community in the country in 2013, with 838 net sales, up 65% over 2012.
by Rosemary deButts
Within an MSA, there are often submarkets where careful risk/reward analysis says you should:
- buy land and build more homes in one submarket
- sell your land holdings in another submarket, and
- be more aggressive with price appreciation assumptions in a third submarket.
When identifying new opportunities, multiple metrics are needed to understand the entire picture of a submarket's health. Existing home activity can shed considerable light on market dynamics. Some of our favorites are: