We're an independent research provider and consulting firm focused on the housing industry. We compile and analyze an unprecedented volume of information to keep our clients informed. Utilizing our trusted analysis, our clients can:
- Make more money
- Identify risks and avoid pitfalls
- Be both knowledgeable and efficient with their time
November 1, 2012
As the housing market heats up again around the country, builders are scrambling to offer the latest and greatest product ideas to help stay ahead of the pack. Sometimes the ideas are major changes to the way floorplans are designed. Other times they are small features that may or may not add significant value, but they definitely stick in the mind of buyers (i.e. "remember the house with the great ___?"). We recently visited a number of new home projects in northern San Diego County that offered both. Here are some examples:
"I was a raging bear for five years, and now I am a raging bull."
See this video clip where I discuss the housing recovery driven by investors, flippers, entry-level buyers and older buyers (but not families), and discuss what a great time it is to buy a home. I also discuss:
- The need for Dodd-Frank mortgage rule clarification
- The need for home price appreciation to boost housing construction
- The impact of rising building costs driven by increased construction, and now Hurricane Sandy
Never a dull moment in the housing industry!